Join us for Great Strides™ Brecon Beacons
- Date: 27 June 2020
- Times: The walk will begin at 6am and registration will be open from 5am
- Location: Brecon Beacons National Park, Wales
- Distance: There is a 65km and 40km option
- Cost of entry: TBC
- Fundraising target: £1,000 per team
- Teams must be a minimum of four people and a maximum of seven people - this includes a support driver and team leader. The support driver will meet you at each checkpoint and help you refuel, ahead of the next section of the walk.
Route details - 65km:
- Registration opens at 05:00. The walk starts off bright an early at 06:00 at Theatr Brycheiniog and the walk takes you through Brecon on the old road towards Storey Arms. You will then ascend up Pen-Y-Fan and across towards Cribyn, before coming down off the Beacons towards Pentwyn Reservoir. The route then loops around Pontsticill and Pentwyn Reservoirs and up towards Talybont Forest. Here you will join the Taff Trail again through the forest and into Talybont. From Talybont, the route takes you steadily along the Brecon and Monmouthshire Canal Path along the home straight into the Canal Basin, where you will be greeted by supporters, family, friends and a well-deserved medal!
Route details - 40km
- You will follow the same route at the 65k but with a few different directions! - Don't worry it will be sign posted! You will also start at 06:00 from Theatr Brycheiniog but you will through Ffrwdgrech, along the Cefn Cwm Llwch, all the way up to the summit of Pen y Fan before coming down off the Beacons towards Pentwyn Reservoir. You will then head straight along the taff trail and follow the route round to Talybont. The route takes you steadily along the Brecon and Monmouthshire Canal Path along the home straight into the Canal Basin, where you will also be greeted by supporters, family, friends and a well-deserved medal!
"65km – not something that should be taken lightly, nor would I recommend doing it alone. Having the support of a great team of recovery drivers and teammates to share in the pain when it all gets really hard is definitely a must. Luckily for me, I had both!"
Previous Participant, 2018
Great Strides Brecon Beacons will be back on 27 June 2020!
Register your interest for 2020
Why walk for Cystic Fibrosis Trust?
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone living with the condition. We are investing in cutting-edge research, supporting clinical care, and campaigning tirelessly on the issues that matter, but we need your help. Together we will beat cystic fibrosis for good.
Would you like to know more?
If you have any other questions about the event, please get in touch - we'd love to hear from you!