With every investment in research, we are committed to achieving the maximum benefit for people with cystic fibrosis today or tomorrow.
To support this goal, we:
- Invest in a diverse portfolio of research projects.
- Invest in the brightest and best researchers at all stages in their career, from students to professors and clinicians.
- Look to leverage our funding so that for every pound we spend, we raise further investment from external sources.
- Fund proof-of-concept research where a small investment could demonstrate potential, making it more attractive to larger investors in the future (this is called 'pump-priming').
- Seek projects that bridge the gap between basic science and pharmaceutical industry drug discovery.
Projects we are funding
See all the projects we are currently funding.
Recommendations for funding will be judged on how well applications meet the five principles which guide our approach – our 'SCORE' objectives. Our investments will be:
Strategic – We will lead on the basis of clear priorities, actions and goals.
Collaborative – To maximise funding opportunities and achieve all our ambitious research objectives, we will need to leverage income and attract other funding agencies to work in partnership
Outcome-focused – We will be mission-driven, strategic in allocating resources, and results-oriented.
Risk-based – We will pursue a balanced and diverse portfolio of research that benefits all people with cystic fibrosis.
Excellence-driven – We will be driven by quality and harness expertise wherever we find it.
Read the latest and archive news stories about research
Search the news
How they work and what trials are currently running
Find out more
Areas of research
How to improve treatments and management of CF